Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Being In My College Band Next Year?

I go to a HBCU and im a Freshman..I play clarinet but did not decide to join the band because at the school i go to they are known for HAZING. When you are a new member you have to go through a process called crossing, where you have a choice to cross or dont cross. If you do decide to cross you have to go through these "holes" where they use a paddle and Haze you. If you dont cross your still a member of the band but people treat you like crap..you dont have to get beat but people will think you are soft because you did not cross. Im going to join my sopre year in college, but i dont think im going to "cross" Its pointless and its not going to get me anywhere in life. Im still going to have respect for myself and i dont care what other people say about me. So i just want to know should i cross or not? I dont want to get hazed then if something happens im going to be apart of it..its not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment